Databases & Electronic Resources
There are a wonderful variety of databases and electronic resources available through the Wyoming State Library.
With the use of Wyoming Digital Resources, your search query has become easier. Five of the six resources in the Wyoming State Library’s Digital Collection Suite have recently been updated with a new interface, making them easier to browse and search. These five collections contain more than 960,000 digital records. Some of the digital records are:
• Wyoming Places. Wyoming places provides information about locations, histories, name origins, and stories of both modern and historic places.
• Wyoming State Publications. Wyoming State Publications is a digital collection of items produced by state government agencies and boards, as well as federal documents pertaining to Wyoming.
• Wyoming Legislation. Wyoming Legislation contains legislative information back to territorial days including journals, bills, and session audio files.
• Wyoming Inventors. Wyoming inventors is a database of full text U.S. patents with Wyoming roots. Records date from 1867 to present.
• Wyoming Trademarks. Wyoming Trademarks showcases trademarked names, logos, and wordmarks registered to Wyoming residents and business owners.
Those who’ve used the digital collections will find a similar look and feel as well as the same great content of nearly a million records. The updated interface has simplified browsing and made it easier to find links to items needed by researchers, historians, genealogists, students, and anyone interested in Wyoming’s past. For assistance with searching the Digital Collection Suite, contact your local library or contact the Wyoming State Library at [email protected] or (307) 777-6333.
Another database resource available through Wyoming State Libraries is Novelist Plus. Novelist Plus, a resource in GoWYLD, is a reader’s advisory tool. With Novelist Plus, you can find your next book, new genre, or award winning author — just in time for your library’s summer reading program! This resource is useful for patrons, kids, and adults alike, as well as the library staff and teachers working with them or creating instruction and displays. Find Novelist Plus at GoWYLD.net under Recommended Reading. For younger readers, GoWYLD also includes Novelist K-8 Plus for kids. GoWYLD resources are available at Wyoming libraries or, using a library card and PIN, from a personal computer or device.
National Geographic Virtual Library
The Wyoming State Library offers The National Geographic Virtual Library. The National Geographic Virtual Library (NGVL) contains every page of every issue from 1888-present, and also includes access to National Geographic History from January 2019 to present. NGVL is found on GoWYLD.net alphabetically or under the Maps subject area. In NGVL you can use the search box to locate topics in both National Geographic Magazine and National Geographic History. This cross searching capability will bring back books, maps, images, and videos. The results page shows three items under each item type — click on the header and number (ex: Featured Articles 26) to see all. In addition to the search box, you can click on National Geographic History to browse issues. Find a basic NGVL tutorial in Niche Academy using the pop-out Tutorials tab on the far right of GoWYLD.net. For more information, contact your local library or the Wyoming State Library at [email protected] or (307) 777-6333.